POD week 14 Update

CA2

While recording the guitar, I faced few challenges that I had to solve before I could record a recording with a satisfying result.
Firstly, it consumed a lot of time double tracking each rhythm section as haas effect on guitar sounded too artificial and the timing had to be as tight as I could get. Thus, each track took hundreds of tracking, as I focused a lot of trying get the both left and right guitar sound synchronised. In exchange, I decided to let go of some of the parts I wanted to experiment implementing, such as lead harmony guitar. Although it would be an interesting embellishment, the song sounded complete even without the harmony, thus I decided to let go of lead harmony to focus more on getting the rhythm to sound as tight as I can record it.
Secondly, recording the "refrain" lead line was quite difficult as I am using double tapping technique. Although it sounds interesting, as my guitar pickup could not pick up enough signal to audible level, I had to come up with few solutions for it. I first adjusted my pickup height to be a lot higher than my usual pickup height. As the pickup is nearer to the guitar strings, it will pickup more signal this way. Also, I added compression before amp simulation so that the signal is consistent and even for satisfactory sound.

After recording, I experimented putting in more instrument sounds to embellish the song. I am planning to use synthesizers and piano in the mix to make the song sound fuller.

Comments

Popular Posts