POD WIP

POD WIP


1st song(korean song)

I decided to keep the song groovy and swing.
I considered using either drum machine or actual drum, decided to go with drum machine instead, after going through my sample library.
I focused on writing the lyrics about what would I tell someone else if someone else is unhappy.
Thus song lyric is sounds more of "telling someone" than telling a story(3rd person perspective)
At the pre-chorus I wanted to show 2 people having conversation, thus change of language.

I studied up more on how to create a bass line through watching the reference videos.
Playing around chromatically and playing with inversion allows for more interesting bass line, than just simply playing around 1-5 or just playing through the chord tone. Also, I found out bass is more important in groovy song as it is also a huge factor in terms of how the groove goes in the song.

I would like the image of the song to be "intimate" to the audience, thus I would like to mix the song in a way it feels "close" and "small" to the audience. What I have in mind is to keep the song somewhat "dry" not putting too much reverb and such as well as keep the tone instruments such as drum and comping instruments mellower.

Below is the lyric for the song.

쓰담쓰담

(Verse 1)
, 그러는데?
무슨일이 일어났는데? 
그렇게 밉상을 짓고 있는건데?

삐죽 나온 입술에 
찌푸려진 표정 
한마디 말도 없이 

(Pre-Chorus)
맛있는걸 사줄까?
그러면 기분좀 풀까?
I don’t really know what to do.

It’s been a day from hell, my love
I just want to feel that I’m loved 
아무것도 묻지않고 

(Chorus)
쓰담쓰담, 머리를 만져주면서
수고했다고, 고생했다고
너에게 말해주고싶어
토닥토닥, 어깨를 치며 위로하면서
소중하다고, 사랑한다고 
네곁에 항상있어줄게


(Verse 2)
출근길 늦고
머리도 망치고
아침도 굶고

직장상사
잔소리 들으며
야근도 했고

퇴근길 막차
집에는 왔는데
~
마음속은 허전하네 

(Pre-Chorus)
I still worked hard throughout the day
and I wish myself to be praised
오늘만큼은 정말로

내일은 좋을거라고
오늘은 이만 쉬라고
 It’s alright things’ are gonna be fi-i-ine

(Chorus)
쓰담쓰담, 머리를 만져주면서
수고했다고, 고생했다고
너에게 말해주고싶어
토닥토닥, 어깨를 치며 위로하면서
소중하다고, 사랑한다고 
네곁에 항상있어줄게




2nd song

Huge delay due to CITES permit to get my guitar delivered.
Had to order guitar oversea as there is no left handed 7 string guitar available in Singapore.

However, studied more on how to compose tech metal riff through watching other bands and this particular band called "Novelists" videos.
They have live tab video which shows real time tab score of the guitar player playing their song, thus easy to follow and easy to "break down" to learn how to compose riff for tech metal.
Through further study of a particular guitarist called ICHIKA, I roughly learnt how to compose double tapping part. Utilising the top note to create a lead line with the chord below, like playing piano, makes an interesting double tapping part that actually flows, unlike just playing a chord in sequence.

As I could not make too much progress with the second song, I have not yet materialised the song enough to think of solid direction for mixing yet. However, as the song will not have a lot of instruments playing but mainly the guitars and drum, I hope to make the guitar sound as huge as possible. I am also thinking of toying with the idea of playing with the stereo image when mixing so as to give the audience the perception of making the song sound bigger.



Comments

Popular Posts